Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Returning from a LONG hiatus... plus news that you've probably already heard!

Hi all,

Didya miss me? Didya, didya? Well, after taking a long, LONG time away (I'm not even sure where the time went... I look up and it's over a year later!), I'm back with some fun news that you may have already heard through c.d.b. design's facebook page, or just by knowing me personally. 

At the end of March of this year, the hubs and I bought a house! How fun! It is a 34 year old home that is gorgeous and perfect for us. The pups has a ton of room to roam around in the backyard and we have plenty of room to spread out and enjoy this new stage in our lives. We decided it was time to buy at what was actually a difficult time to buy- the lack of homes for sale in Texas made house shopping in our area a literal rat race to get a bid in on what felt like any and every house that was remotely decent and in our price range. My parents got a first-row seat to watch the emotional roller coaster that is house hunting, and my mom continued to insist that "Your perfect house is out there- just waiting for you to find it!". Well, I'll be darned if she wasn't exactly right! We stumbled upon a house that was a little more than we planned to spend, but had alot of the unique criteria that we were looking for. We contacted our Realtor, put a bid on the house and never looked back! 

The house is exactly what we were looking for- neither Jason or I particularly wanted a brand new home, but he was more open to the idea than I was. I have always dreamed of a house that had alot of its original character intact, but still had room for me to make it completely our own. So, without further ado, may I present to you- our new home! 




Wanna come over for dinner??

We closed at the end of March and moved in exactly two days later. This house is great enough that we could go ahead and move in and take our time with the projects that have planned to do. Total wood paneling throughout the den and bar? Paint it! Total wood paneling upstairs in the game room and second wet bar? Paint it too!! Questionable carpet in the dining room? Rip it up and give the floor new life! 

Of course, there are many, many projects that we simply don't have the time or money to fix right now, like (carpet in both upstairs bathrooms... huh?), replacing almost ALL of the siding, refinishing both bar counter tops, and replacing the not-as-questionable carpet in the den, so I'll be sharing with you the projects that we can afford to handle now and what we have planned for farther in the future. This is a slow and steady progression of making this house our home and I am so excited to share the journey with you!! 

Thanks for sticking with me, ya'll! See you soon! 

Cheers!
Catrina

1 comment:

  1. AHHHH!! I can't wait to see it in person!! Congrats on the new house! :)

    ReplyDelete