Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday Favorite!

Hi, friends! I hope this week was wonderful for each of you! I had a bit of a rough start to this week- I was sick on Monday and Tuesday and still don't quite seem to be at 100%. We've got a busy weekend ahead, so I'm hoping that I can get caught up on some rest and FAST!!


This week's Friday Favorite is a bit unexpected for me. I have always been a fan of using lighting to enhance a room's personality. In my humble opinion, choosing the right lighting can be just as important as choosing the right paint color or furniture to put in a room. It speaks volumes with regard to what message you want to convey with your space! Just think- a dimly lit bedroom can enhance the feelings of relaxation and comfort, while a well lit kitchen and entry-way can convey warmth and emphasize that area as a busy hub in your home!


So, my new latest obsession in the lighting world is hands down pendant lighting! It is fresh and simple, but can be so striking at the same time. I think that given how you use pendant lighting, it can convey so many different moods and enhance SO many different settings!! My favorite location for pendant lighting is in the kitchen and entry way, but I have seen them used in tons of different rooms in so many different ways! So, my favorites are actually almost all from Pottery Barn!! Of course, there are GORGEOUS ones at Restoration Hardware as well, but Pottery Barn has amazing options for much more attractive prices. However, if you can rock the Restoration Hardware, I say, more power to you! You've got excellent taste!


For example, if you're into the more industrial look of pendant lighting, check out this beauty. Or, if you like something a little more streamlined, I am in love with this piece


Ok, for my all time favorite- this is the Exter 5-Jar Pendant at Pottery Barn. Is this not to die for??




Pendant Lighting


Here is another one from Pottery Barn- I think this one is beautiful if you prefer softer lines and want something a little more feminine looking, but still in a pendant style. 




PB Pendant Lighting


This last example would be PERFECT in a study or library or in a general family area that doesn't necessarily need bright lighting. I love the simplicity of the lines mixed with the honeycomb design. 


PB Honeycomb Pendant


Ok, so there you have it!! Lots of examples of one of my latest favorite things- pendant lights! Hope you enjoy, and if you happen to stop by Pottery Barn this weekend, take a peek for me!! 


Hope your Superbowl weekend is splendid! Happy decorating!!


Cheers,
Catrina 

No comments:

Post a Comment